Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pool and Yacht Club Dinner

Last night I had dinner at the Pool and Yacht Club in St. Paul. We don't go there often but it's one of my father-in-law's favorite places. It appears that you do need to be a member to go there - membership info is on their website. My grandmother-in-law was a member and the membership was passed down when she passed away to my father-in-law. I'm still pretty new to the family but the tradition was to go there for grandma's birthday in December. I used to tell her that I didn't believe there were any pools or yachts - my grandmother-in-law didn't think I was as funny as I thought. It was always dark when we were there and all I ever saw was the dinning room. Turns out there is a pool but I still haven't see yachts just boats. 


Last night we sat on the deck and saw riverboats and barges go down the Mississippi. The barges are huge. The club has outstanding service, my water glass was never empty, every dirty dish was picked up right away and the staff is very polite and knowledgeable. For dinner I had the Canadian Walleye, broiled with steamed veggies and French fries. The fish can also be pan-fried or beer battered - both have breading. The entrees come with soup or salad. I had the Strawberry Salad - it's like eating dessert before your meal. The salad is nice green, strawberries, and a delicious sweet dressing. The best part of my meal is the veggies, sidebar, I hate veggies. The cook steams them to perfection. The asparagus was a perfect shade of green with the right crispness. As for dessert, one scope of vanilla ice cream with chocolate and caramel sauce. Last time I was there earlier in the summer they had a flour-less chocolate cake that was good - not my favorite because of the raspberries. All you raspberry fans would have loved it. 


Good meal on a beautiful night sitting by the river. Nights that I love living in Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment