Friday, August 27, 2010

I Cheated

I had a moment of weakness this morning...I ate a chocolate doughnut. I wish I could taste certain foods and not ingest them. That would solve a lot of my diet problems.

I went to my neighborhood Lund's and the first thing I saw was the case of pastries and within seconds I had taken out an old fashioned chocolate doughnut and set it in my basket. I know this won't be the last time I do it. The devil on my left shoulder is a master with words and I'm weak. It's like The Simpsons when Homer sells his soul to the devil, Ned Flanders, for a doughnut. It was delicious at the time but I can already tell my body hates me. Almost immediately I could tell that my sugar tolerance has decreased, my stomach felt and still feels bloated. Around 3pm I'll probably have a headache. I don't know why I do this to myself. I know what's going to happen but I convince myself that cheating is worth it. And it's never worth it, once I get that headache I kick myself for cheating. It's like I'm a child that doesn't understand the consequences of my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment