Monday, August 23, 2010

My Awakening

I had been living in denial for about year. I needed to remove gluten from my diet but I didn't want to give any of it up. All my favorite foods have gluten in them, pizza, beer, bread, pasta, cake, you get the idea. This past March I had enough or my body had had enough. I was crippled with debilitating stomach pains to the point of not being to eat regardless of how hungry I was. My hand was forced I had to stop eating gluten. Many close friends said that I wouldn't regret it, I was going to feel so much better that I wouldn't miss gluten. Well, I still miss gluten but I do feel a lot better. My daily headaches are gone, my stomach pains have been reduced significantly, my muscle pain has diminished, but I still miss gluten.


Now my challenge is...how can I continue to do the things I love and hold true to eating gluten free. Translation, how can I eat at restaurants and eat gluten free? I would gladly eat out everyday - no cooking, no dishes, I get to sit back and they take care of me. It's a welcome break from my real life. So here we go... 

No comments:

Post a Comment